Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 25, 2008

Buses, Rugs and Texting

I am finally able to write to you all! First of all, I miss you. I already have some stories! I'll begin with the bus ride.

- We're driving to a team building place and the bus stops working. Just stops working. Were on a two lane express way. Yup, you guessed it, we literally stopped traffic! I was the first person to drive a wheelchair on a highway!

- I have actually made friends. And, yes there my age! I know, it's a miracle! There the greatest! Why? Well...we were going on a service trip and I thought it was going to be a short trip. To my surprise, the trip was all day. They didn't let me go because of liability. BUT, 6 girls asked if they could stay back with me. I was all choked up. I mean, who does that? We have been friends ever since.

- So, I have a rug in my room. My friends call me saying that there at the front entrance of my dorm. I got stuck on the rug. I take the rug with me out into the hall. I let the girls in and greet them with "I literally dragged my rug in the hall". Just imagine their faces!

- During orientation, the student leaders work so incredibly hard! So, I decide to do a little speech. I got a standing ovation. Enough said!

- My peers have this attitude, let's make the best of things. I have a new energy now. I'm refreshed and even more outgoing!

- I have made mistakes already but I'm OK because I learn from them.

People have been extraordinary in helping me! I have assistants who are incredible. I finally am in a place where I am embraced by my peers. Most greet me with hugs or hi fives. I have been deprived of being with people my own age for so long and I am absolutely thriving in this community. The one thing Mom and Dad may not like is the phone bill...I've started texting! Just know that I'm really happy for once and being embraced for who I am.

Love you all,
Hannah!

P.S.. I did post another story about my vacation, it's Cinderella: 10 feet under

4 comments:

linnea said...

ok, favorite story: rug in the hallway. I can see it now...

glad you're making friends! that will be a major support system in getting you through the ups and downs of college. and trust me, there will be many : )

PS...rumor has it that I'm with Andrew Spilios this year. 'nuf said.

Anonymous said...

keep rocking it girl!!!! its great hearing that your doing great!!!! miss you hope all is well in Hannah's World!!!
Be Well

Kayla Williams

Alison said...

I knew that no news is good news ;) I knew that things would be awesome from just spending those few hours at the orientation. The people are so nice! Some great memories you have made already.. and I'm very excited to hear that you're really happy for once and being embraced for who you are! Good luck with your classes!

Kris said...

Hannah It Sound like your havin fun. I like the story about the rug. I just want u to let u know that I have made mistakes too so dont feel like a fool.