Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Eleven Things I'm Grateful For



I have been thinking long and hard about this particular post. I didn't want it to be sad or melancholy, I simply wanted to make it as positive as possible.

Today is obviously September 11th, it marks a day when America came together after a unbelievable tragedy. I have decided to list 11 things I'm grateful for that people may not have anymore because of September 11h.

1. My dad. I'm so glad he's my dad and that he is able to go to work.
2. My mom. She's simply incredible.
3. David. He's perfect.
4. Genevieve. She's perfect.
5. Justin. He's a soldier I know whose fighting in Iraq, what would America be without people willing to fight for our freedom?
6. Elmhurst. I'm getting a great education.
7. My friends. Old and new.
8. My assistants (old and new). They make my day at school physically possible and their great human beings in general.
9. Glenbrook South. So many lessons and memories!
10. My body. It may be disabled however, it serves me to the best of it's abilities.
11. You. You have touched me in some way or another and I thank you for that.
If you want to send me the eleven things you're grateful for, I would make my next post all of your lists. Just a thought!

Update on college life:

I'm happy to say that things are going very well. I have had scares such as my wheelchair almost losing power while being independent on campus. I have made mistakes such as telling one aide not to come and truly thinking that another aide is supposed to come when she isn't. Yea, that was fun. While things have gone wrong, things have gone extremely right. I turned in a paper and the professor wants to keep it in her files and show it to other teachers. That was a feel good. I have a student in Psychology class who is more than willing to take notes which is a complete relief!

Well, I do miss you guys but this place is becoming home. They love me here and I love them.

XOXO,
Hannah!

3 comments:

crusiera said...

Nice entry. And it's not even thanksgiving !

Anonymous said...

Hannah, You are wise beyond your years! Thank you for reminding me of what I should remember...what I am grateful for. Today or any day I need to remember how fragile and special life is, no matter what type of package it is wrapped in. I am grateful you entered my life as you have brought me moments of awe and an appreciation for what is challenging in our day to day lives. Thank you for sharing your insights.
bev

Anonymous said...

Hello All and especially Hannah

Joining this thread just now.

A few observations.........

1. Hannah you know we focus on you
2. You have our colllective support
3. We need more frequent updates/more hannah and more cowbell

It reminds me of something.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mie9hhQTUM&feature=PlayList&p=924C59721AABE621&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=17