Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Still in Rehearsals

I have decided to create a blog to connect with you all while I'm at Elmhurst. I figure instead of repeating stories to everyone when I got home, I would do this. You can ask me, what happened to so and so or did you ace that test? To start off...

Thank you to my parents! Mom has been working non-stop to find aides or PCA's (personal care attendants)! Her hard work is certainly paying off! We have found six amazing young ladies that are ready to take on the job! Dad will be busy building me a desk and putting grab bars in my room. They are trying their best to make the transition smooth and I am very grateful. As for my brother and sister, their having a hard time. They don't really understand that I'm coming back but once they see their big sister safe and happy, things will get better.

Elmhurst has been wonderful so far! At registration, I met a senior who stuck with me the whole day (not her job) but I needed help with a lot of things that day. My family and I also met a woman in student activities that knew about me from my flyers and offered to help as much as she can! I was overwhelmed by people's kindness that day and did not want to leave!

A lot of you are asking am I nervous? I have to say for the majority, I'm not nervous. I know I can handle anything! God wouldn't of wanted me to go if he didn't give me the ability. I'm excited to meet other people and learn about the world outside of Glenview. I'm really nervous about missing my family but that's inevitable.

I go three days early to Elmhurst because I chose to take a seminar. It's basically analyzing the world around us. We talk about the book, A Hope in the Unseen, go on field trips and do team building activities.

I think I filled you in on everything. Big Questions starts the 16th, move in day is the 21st, orientation goes until the day classes start which is the 24th.

It's weird to think that next time I'll be in my dorm writing to you all!

Love,
Hannah!

11 comments:

jodi said...

Hannah, I'm so proud of you and glad you already like Elmhurst. I look forward to being able to keep up with your adventures!
Jodi

EBos said...

Hannah, Your voice shows through loud and clear in your blog. And I look forward to following your highs and lows at school virtually. Erin

Lisa Dorenfest said...

Hannah,

You totally rock! I look forward to reading about all of your college adventures!

Love Aunty Dorn!

Mike said...

Great Idea Hannah!! I Miss YOU! How is your summmer going? Love YA Like A Sister! Katherine

Fainman said...

hey hannah! long time no talk. I'm so glad to hear you're doing well and going to college. I cannot wait to hear about all of your adventures. Thank you for including me.
Melissa Fainman

Nancy said...

Hannah, Great idea. I would definitely be wondering how you're doing.You have a great out-look as always! Have fun!
Nancy

Aunt Sue said...

Hannah,
as always you continue to amaze me.

I can't wait to hear about school. How lucky Elmhurst is to have you!!!!

Loove you always,
Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS hannah!
I am so incredibly proud of you and excited for you! I wish I could be one of those lucky PCA'S for you...if I ever live in Illinois...i know where to look for a job! :) I miss you soo much and I can't wait to read more of your adventures!
Love, Trinayani

AnnMarie said...

I am so proud of you!!! You are already moving mountains. Love that you'll keep us posted!
Love,
Greene

jwalsh said...

Yeah Hannah! Great idea. You'll be in our thoughts. Have a blast at college.
It was great to see you.
Jeanne

Unknown said...

Hannah- WOW, I can't believe that you are off to college! I look forward to reading about your adventures. Let me know if you ever need anything. I'm always a e-mail and a short car ride from you. Have so much FUN!! Take care!

Love ya,
Amy

P.S- I loved your Cinderella story!!