Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Where Will Faith Take me Next?

I've decided to devote this post to what is going on in my life. Some days, it seems like everything is going on and some days, I feel like life is standing still. I would like to emphasize that all the news is from December up until now.

So, back in December I found out that Northwestern removed my program. That turned my world upside down. Mom and Dad got involved and we met with two professors from Northwestern. These were informative meetings but Northwestern may not have what I am looking for unfortunately. I visited Purdue at Calumet and the same thing happened. These were all very kind people who gave me useful information and had some ideas but didn't have a solution. I have so many interests; religion, critical thinking, communication, marketing myself, and the list continues. While many people have respected me for that, right now, it is a pain. I don't know what I want to do with my life besides speaking-- of course. At this moment, I'm frustrated because I have always known what I want and gotten it. I have never not known what I want. Well, I do know that I do not want to move back home. That has been motivation.

Mom and Dad support my idea of getting an apartment in Elmhurst which is huge and I am so thankful for their support. They understand that my life is here. However, I would absolutely die if I did nothing for a year. So, I've been contacting multiple people. I have spoken to people at Elmhurst College who are more than willing to give me as many volunteer opportunities as possible which I am grateful for. The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago is willing to let me speak more than twice a year. I haven't gotten the details but hopefully I will get to do more work with them. The most concrete and promising opportunity is a possible internship with Easter Seals. Easter Seals is an organization that provides services to people with disabilities. I actually go there for physical therapy so it would be a good fit. The internship would be in Public Relations which goes hand in hand with my communication major. If you have any ideas for me, tell me because I'm open to anything right now.

I have had some incredible opportunities come my way already. Easter Seals actually asked me to be their ambassador at their annual gala which is such a thrill. I get to wear a gown and speak. I will be a happy woman. Mom, Dad, and Nana are all coming so I am sure it will be a spectacular night. Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and American Pediatrics Association have both asked me back to speak which is a true honor. Also, I am proud to say that I got accepted into Illinois State University. I deferred my admittance because I do want that mental security of knowing that if I don't get accepted to another graduate program, I can go there. However, it is two and a half hours away and I don't want to be that far away from my family.


On a less professional note, my friend Julie with Cystic Fibrosis is doing incredible. I go to her house once a week to watch The Bachelor. Her family has actually become a big part of my life. I have gone over for dinner a few times and vented to them about all this stuff. I can tell we are going to remain close. Also, I am definitely going to Camp Courage this summer. I am so excited!


Although senior year has not gone as planned, I am so grateful for the opportunities I have been given. It's definitely difficult when I don't know exactly what the future holds. I like to know exactly what is about to happen and the reality is I don't. I have to have faith that everything will work out for the best. I got this far on faith; let's see where it takes me next.

Love,
Hannah!

4 comments:

Jodi Zavos said...

Try not to stress too much Hannah. You'll know the right path to take in time. You always do. Enjoy the rest of senior year!
Love,
Jodi

szbacn1 said...

I don't have to tell you that God never closes a door without opening a window because you, of all people, know that! It sounds like there are many opportunities awaiting you for the coming year and you never know what paths they may take you down. It will all work out just the way it is supposed to be. Keep having faith!!! You are incredible and amazing!

Mrs. Flickinger's Classes said...

Ah, the unknown. Just remember; many of life's most exciting moments emerge from the unforeseen, and its most worthwhile tasks present themselves when the path head looks most bleak.

You're doing all the right things. Keep talking to people and taking risks. You've never been one to shirk from the future, now you're just learning how to remain calm in the unknown.

Mucho Amor to you!
Susan

Anonymous said...

So im sure you remember me, Kimmy Vargo. We went our own ways in high school. Anyways so at the kitchen and bath show today, i ran into your parents. After a long conversation i figured i would contact you and see if you wanted to catch up with each other. If you have facebook you can find me on their or feel free to email me at kvargo18@yahoo.com